Ask Your Agent – Seller's Guide
Selling your house is a big deal. It doesn't matter if it's your fourth income property or your first home ever – selling your house can be a stressful experience. There's a lot to keep track of and you want to make sure that you're getting top market value for your house. So, what can you do to make sure that you don't sell your house short and keep your sanity? The answer is simpler than you might think – work with the best real estate agent in town. Okay, so maybe the answer is simple, but finding the right agent for you might not be as simple. Aside from the obvious questions that will help you make sure they are experienced, knowledgable about your area, have solid recommendations, and overall seem like the kind of person you'd like to work with, there are a few more areas that you can explore to help you make your decision.
Here are some questions to ask your realtor when you're getting ready to sell your house:
1. When was the last time you sold a house in this area?
2. Can I see recommendation letters and contact previous clients?
3. What percentage of your marketing is geared toward selling this property and not just your real estate services?
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
5. What makes you different from other realtors? What can you do differently to add value to our sale?
6. Why should I work with you?
Are you thinking that these questions sound like you're interviewing the potential agent for a job? If so, you're absolutely correct. You are hiring this person to manage and facilitate one of the biggest sales of your life – you want to make sure you're working with the agent best suited to your needs. Do your homework and don't be afraid to dig deep!